Sunday, December 14, 2014

Whimsical Ballerinas


A homemade craft
made from music sheets
to decorate your home at Christmas 
Hang on your tree or
 a pretty garland.
However,  these ballerinas
could be used anytime of year.
Great idea to decorated
for a birthday party.




*******
I am sharing this performance
 by young El Niño.
with André Rieu, conductor.
to view, click on it.



 I photocopied music sheets 
on both sides of thick paper
 (8 1/2 by 11)
I traced 2 templates on the page
  I got from this site:
http://krokotak.com/2012/11/snowflake-ballerinas-for-crafty-moms/


Two ballerinas per page(on both sides of the page)


I used wired wrapping ribbon for the skirt (approx. 1 1/2 ins. wide)
I pleated the wire about 1/8 inch to gather the waist
 and attached to the body with hot glue gun.

 The embellishments to the neck and head I bought at Dollarstore and Walmart. 
I also added fake fur
In the dark...

The sheet music I used is from 
 Johannes Brahms
Hungarian Dance No. 5
one of my favourites.

Fun and so easy to make....

Thanks for your visit xo

all pics are my sole original property.