Sunday, December 14, 2014

Whimsical Ballerinas


A homemade craft
made from music sheets
to decorate your home at Christmas 
Hang on your tree or
 a pretty garland.
These ballerinas
can be used anytime of year.
Great idea to decorated
for a birthday party.




*******


 I photocopied music sheets 
on both sides of thick paper
 (8 1/2 by 11)
I traced 2 templates on the page
  I got from this site:
http://krokotak.com/2012/11/snowflake-ballerinas-for-crafty-moms/


Two ballerinas per page(on both sides of the page)


I used wired wrapping ribbon for the skirt (approx. 1 1/2 ins. wide)
I pleated the wire about 1/8 inch to gather the waist
 and attached to the body with hot glue gun.

 The embellishments to the neck and head I bought at Dollarstore and Walmart. 
I also added fake fur
In the dark...

The sheet music I used is from 
 Johannes Brahms
Hungarian Dance No. 5
one of my favourites.

Fun and so easy to make....



I attended the Nutcracker ballet last year (2018), with
my daughter, Granddaughter and Grandson.
at the Place des Arts, Montreal.

2019
My great niece is a Ballerina.
A member of Les Ballets Classique de Richmond.
They will be performing their production of  The
Nutcracker Ballet at the Centennial Theatre, 
Bishops University in Lennoxville, Quebec
in December.
The Montreal Symphony Orchestra will
be performing.


Rachael is the girl in the front in the middle.
We're so proud of her....





Thanks for your visit xo


8 comments:

  1. Lovely, Thel, I really like this. Oh, and I don't know why, but everytime I comment on your posts it appears twice; but if you or I remove one of my comments both get deleted. It only happens on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Just testing here...O.K., according to your comments window I made one comment, which I did! However, that one comment appears twice, which will most likely happen again with this one. Perhaps you should let Blogger know about this, because if you delete one of my comments you will lose the comment I left and this will most likely happen with anyone else who comments on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you still have it twice and I will report it to Blogger. thanks

      Delete
    2. Hi Thelma, the comments didn't appear on MY blog twice...only when I commented on YOURS. As you mentioned, you saw once a double comment from me but when you attempted to delete one of them, they both disappeared. My blog doesn't give me double comments, thankfully, but my setup is different from yours, too. So hopefully this will just appear for you once. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, congratulations, they are fantastic. Love the little dresses. What a fantastic idea!
    Have a happy time
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda. Yes, last week they appeared twice on mine and when I tried to delete one, they all disappeared. These seem ok so far. I will keep my fingers crossed. LOL. I am watching Micheal Buble's Christmas Special. It looks good. take care Thel...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.