Saturday, August 22, 2015

Astilbe

Astilbe  
is a perennial plant
 with beautiful feathery flowers,
in shades of white, pink, lavender, 
 red ...............and shades in between. 

I planted mine on the north side
 of the house because they prefer shade.





Lavender


Astilbe attracts birds and butterflies



White  ~ nice fragrant ~


Red ~ Bright and Beautiful ~




Astilbe grows from 6 inches to 5 ft.
 - depending on the variety.
There are 20 different species.






 A low-maintenance plant.



I will divide some this yr. and 
plant them in other places.
 They look nice with Hostas.


also deer resistant ....


Ligularia divides them on the corner


looking through the Ligulaira,
Astilbe behind..






To view how I made this maintenance
 free garden click here

Thanks for your visit xo

💛💛💛


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.