Saturday, November 28, 2015

Nutcrackers


~The Nutcracker Story~

A children's story written in 1816
 by E.T.A. Hoffmann in which a young
German girl, Marie Stahlbaums's
 favourite Christmas toy, 
the Nutcracker comes alive and 
after defeating an evil Mouse King
 in battle, whisks her away to a 
magical kingdom populated by dolls.

I am sharing my unique 
collection of Nutcrackers:

Uncle Sam- I've had him over 20 yrs.
Stars and Stripes of the American Flag.










Two Canadian Hockey players:
Toronto Maple Leafs and 
Montreal Canadians....
They were sold by Avon.



These Islamic ones are very old.
My first ones.



The smaller one on the left, is German.


A Victorian one and on the right 
from T. Eaton Co.-Montreal,
A gift from sister Joyce.



Below ~A gift bought at Cosco -
 the lst. yr. they came to Canada
1985


The one on the right is a gift
from my cousin Gloria.
from Campbellton, N.B.












While visiting my son Daniel in 
Vancouver,  we drove down to Seattle 
and I bought my Granddaughter a
Ballerina, Nutcracker, at Macy's.






A previous blog. A homemade craft. 
to view, click on  Whimsical Ballerinas.


Thanks for your visit  
Merry Christmas 🎅🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.