Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2017 At The Beach - Part 2

I am continuing to share my photos of
 last summer's walks on the beach. 
Wonders of nature and 
some treasures I find. 

If you missed Part One, click here.

.
Bonaventure Beach.
The Lighthouse in the distance.
Further, the town of Bonaventure. 







Starfish that got beached.





Stairways to the beach.
All kinds of models.....
On my walks from Fauvel to Bonaventure. 







Kites in Trees

Abandoned 



The Seagulls make hole in the banks to lay their eggs in Spring.





Driftwood
Tree and Stumps
Trees that erosion has caused to fall into the water.
Some are washed up in big storms from New Brunswick,
 across the Bay.





My sister Annie found this piece of black glass.
Black glass is very rare and 
one of the oldest seaglass existing.
It is said to have come from old whiskey bottles.
It is very hard to distinguish amongst black rocks,
making it the most difficult seaglass to find.
If held up to a light, it's translucent.





Beachwood


On day while walking on the beach,
we came upon this cedar driftwood sea monster.



He's eying my sister Annie.
After thinking about him and how he would
 look in my flower bed,
He's about 8 ft. long, my brother with his truck, 
brought him home.
Luckily he was still there the day after.
He could have been washed out by high tides
or the victim of a bonfire. 

Maybe he'll scare away the deer 
that come to eat my hostas. 
I named him SeaBiscuit...

SeaBiscuit in November



We have spectacular sunsets in this region in Autumn.











Thanks for your visit xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.